The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake linings
I used to get my brake linings bonded, but the photos above show why I don't now. The companies fit lining material that is too wide, then grind it away until bits of brake shoe start coming off!

Good quality high-friction linings are available from the Seven Workshop (grey material) and A7 Components (woven material) at a far lower cost. Please support your cherished suppliers!
Saftek is the way to go, no question.
On alloy shoes I have them bonded and riveted, on steel shoes I have the bonded only.
David, please enlighten us as to the specs of your high friction woven material.
Thanks,

Paul N-M
I have only ever had good results when using A7 components or Seven workshop linings, I have however experienced some terrible bonded linings, incorrect material, bonding breaking and damage to shoes. However that said I have seen some dreadful home fitted riveted shoes as well so I don't think either option is any guarantee of a good job. My advice if you wish to take it is, provided you have the skills fit them yourself, if you don't go to a recommended professional with known experience of our cars.
Black Art Enthusiast
Many thanks for input. I’ve decided to play safe and have them bonded.