The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin signage 2
[attachment=1372]

I bought one of these signs from James, probably over 10 years ago. As I have an old pub hanging sign  to attach it to.

Like many things it's an unfineshed project 10 years on.

Although they are sold as a copy of the original. And I am more than happy with it. Over the last few years I've been keeping my original signs instead of selling them. So with these new signs not being 100% accurate, I happy they are what they are. It stops people ageing them and passing them of as originals.

I've never seen an original of this sign in enamel? I have seen one in tin litho. But not been able to afford one yet.

Original austin signs are extreamly expensive.

Tony.

[attachment=1373]

Here is a simular morris sign in tin litho again.

[attachment=1374]

[attachment=1375]

And on the other side, an austin sign I could afford at £200. Another tin litho, condition isn't fantastic. But if it was as good as the morris sign the value would estimate at £1,000 to £1,500

Hope the font on these signs help.

Tony.
The other Castrol XL sign which Tony has put here has also been copied a few years ago, but again remanufactured in vitreous enamel on 16swg mild steel plate - not, as originally displayed, on tin plate.
Jim.
Hi James

How are these printed?

I still have  dye sublimation mug and T shirt presses, and used to print directly on to specially coated aluminium (for "signs") when I had a stand at airshows across the country some 15 years ago.

I might be getting back into dye sublimation printing buying a suitable printer etc. Amongst lots of other things, I printed pinup girls on mugs/shirts/mouse mats and on to aluminium "signs".

All good fun.

Arthur