The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Box saloon throttle linkage help
After way too many years off the road I’m about ready to fire up the old box saloon, but I’ve mislaid the little male end of the ball joint that bolts to the carb (zenith 26va) throttle linkage.
I’ve machined one up so I can get the car running, but it’s not ideal, does anyone know where I can buy one? I’ve searched all the usual places but no luck...
Ivor, I imagine that you might find something satisfactory on here:

https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/throttle-l...orderBy=15

or here:
http://sucarb.co.uk/linkage-parts/ball-joints.html
Hello. If you email me your address to stuart.joseph@btinternet.com I will post you one for a contribution to a hospice of your choice.

Regards from the creative county - Staffordshire.

Stuart
Thanks fellas, that’s absolutely brilliant, so i can be sure I get the right part, I’ll happily send Stuart the costs for p&p and be delighted to make a donation to Katherine House Hospice in Banbury, which I support anyway.

What wonderful people we have on the friends forum!
Good evening Ivor, Thanks for your PM, please don't send me anything just make a donation. Katherine House is perfect as we have one of their hospices here and I regularly support them.

Best regards

Stuart
Another local. I'm just the other side of Bicester from you Ivor.
Thanks Stuart, you are a star, donation being wired over this morning.

Geoff, that’s great news, apart from a short sojourn to the Isle of Wight I’ve lived around Bicester for 40 odd years!
Thank you once again Stuart, the ball joint connection and link arrived safely this morning and I have received a thank you email from a Katherine House hospice...I can now crack on and attempt to get the car started.
Thanks Ivor, all the best with the car.

Stuart