The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My COVID-19 project
Somehow I missed this topic. I am totally blown away by the exquisite details on your 1/4 scale model and have high hopes of seeing the project come to fruition.
If you weren't so far away I'd be running round to offer the use of my workshop to help with the completion.
Crack on!
Henry, what and where was the 'Red Cow'? We have pictures of the Grasshopper COA 118 at the same location and presumably the same time which we used in the Grasshopper book, but were unable to identify the event.
(08-05-2020, 05:25 PM)Mick Hanna Wrote: Henry, what and where was the 'Red Cow'? We have pictures of the Grasshopper COA 118 at the same location and presumably the same time which we used in the Grasshopper book, but were unable to identify the event.
Mick, I was wrong about the location of this photo.
It's the car park of the Osterley Park Hotel on the Great West Road.
750 Motor Club meetings were held there during the war.
I'm sure there were also meetings at The Red Cow. I must find out more!
Thanks Henry! Very impressed with your model. I made a model of the Grasshopper last year entirely out of rubbish from around the house - spaghetti sauce jar lids, cardboard from the back of A4 pads, cut up plastic bottles, corrugated Amazon packaging …) Nowhere near the quality and accuracy of yours, in fact, it looks pretty scrappy for obvious reasons, but was fun to make.

(06-05-2020, 07:25 PM)Henry Harris Wrote:
(06-05-2020, 07:10 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Thread on his car here:  https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/for...hp?tid=566

Maybe the body number was stamped into the (missing) tunnel!  I wonder why that might have been removed? Dodgy
The TT bodies are very fragile. The floor and tunnel are aluminium.
This is one of three remaining, they have all suffered serious damage from metal fatigue, accidents and butchery, this one perhaps more than the others. The front floor, tunnel and body sides have been replaced in all three.
The registration isn't 828. This is it at Beaulieu in 1981?
seen this letter?    
Henry, I've only just spotted this thread. Lovely work on the model. Look forward to seeing the finished body.
Henry, unless I am mistaken The Red Cow was the first (unofficial) HQ of the newly founded 750MC in about 1938(?) and was in Hammersmith Road, Chiswick, West London. Bill Boddy’s idea for a suitable logo was, I think, a 3/4cwt symbol plus some other bits to represent 7h.p. - fortunately he was over-ruled by the other founding members...
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
He's sadly wrong the Motor Sport letter about the "750R" on the tail.
It's the registration number of the Austin 1100 tow car.

c
Hello Henry,
This just to enquire if there's something new about your so interesting project?
Best,
Renaud
Soon, I hope! It's second on the project list at the moment.