The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My COVID-19 project
Despite having been identified as a person at risk of severe illness from COVID-19 and having been advised to stay at home at all times and avoid contact with others for 12 weeks I have not been slacking.

I am locked down in my flat.

Years ago I bought the remains of a very battered TT body.

Just recently we decided to move it up the project list so it has been rescued from the rafters and it was set up on a slave chassis to get measurements.
Apart from the crash damage it needs a new front floor and bulkhead.

At the end of March I started by working 1/4 full size on the drawing board and then a simple 3D model to determine/confirm panel shapes and sizes.

I hadn't intended to go further as my thoughts and queries had been resolved but my son suggested that I should carry on, so having nothing better to do......
I take it that's the body from the Holland Birkett car, with the enlarged spare wheel hole to carry his dog?
A super project - and really interesting. Do keep the pictures coming and report on progress as it happens. Good luck with this - it will be well worth while.
This is excellent Henry - very interesting.
So far i have no history of this body before 1959 when John Harris (no relation) bought it with a job lot of sports spares from a dealer somewhere in North London.
The first colour is orange, the next blue and then the powdery faded red.
I think Holland Birkett's car was green?
TT bodies seem to have no numbers.
Yes, we too suggest that you carry on Henry! Smile
Nice work so far.
Brilliant work Henry, crack on!
It looks like you've got the registration number there; Holly's car was AXK 828
Thread on his car here: https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/for...hp?tid=566

Maybe the body number was stamped into the (missing) tunnel! I wonder why that might have been removed? Dodgy
(06-05-2020, 07:10 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Thread on his car here:  https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/for...hp?tid=566

Maybe the body number was stamped into the (missing) tunnel!  I wonder why that might have been removed? Dodgy
The TT bodies are very fragile. The floor and tunnel are aluminium.
This is one of three remaining, they have all suffered serious damage from metal fatigue, accidents and butchery, this one perhaps more than the others. The front floor, tunnel and body sides have been replaced in all three.
The registration isn't 828. This is it at Beaulieu in 1981?

.jpg   Beaulieu copy.jpg (Size: 85.43 KB / Downloads: 1,117)