The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby open tourer found in London
I think it was back in the 1970s that an enthusiast in Cambridge restored a vintage Rover in a shed in his back garden. When resrtoration was completed he got a crane to lift the car over his house, which was quite tall being in an Edwardian terrace. There was a picture in the Cambridge Daily News.
Robert Leigh
You Tube:  "Ruby on the roof"

for our up and over adventure.

You may have to scroll down a bit, I just did when I checked it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOvfhxtXPVk - though the sound seems to have been munged...
Love it!
Yep, I was offered this over an email as well. From "quintin"

Asking for offers? Although they recon they already had two offers on the table. (take them whilst they are there you idiot).

Perhaps the money they are hoping to get is for the Bugatti they thought they found.

As suggested the crane rental is probably more that the car is worth.

It was also suggested the car could be stripped and taken through the terrace house?

Is it the same car if you chop the body up to get three the doors.

Or once the body is chopped. would it just be valued as parts for another special.

Also wasnt there a similar condition late tourer on ebay the other week for £2.5k it was up for a long while so probably sold for well less.

I hope they find there idiot, willing to pay far more than it's worth. And plenty of time on there hands.

But it wont be me. I've already saved more than I should.

Tony.
(29-04-2020, 01:28 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: Yep, I was offered this over an email as well. From "quintin"

Asking for offers? Although they recon they already had two offers on the table. (take them whilst they are there you idiot).

Perhaps the money they are hoping to get is for the Bugatti they thought they found.

As suggested the crane rental is probably more that the car is worth.

It was also suggested the car could be stripped and taken through the terrace house?

Is it the same car if you chop the body up to get three the doors.

Or once the body is chopped. would it just be valued as parts for another special.

Also wasnt there a similar condition late tourer on ebay the other week for £2.5k it was up for a long while so probably sold for well less.

I hope they find there idiot, willing to pay far more than it's worth. And plenty of time on there hands.

But it wont be me. I've already saved more than I should.

Tony.
If the car had some sentimental value for somebody to rebuilt it at a cost far in advance of what it was worth, good luck to them. In this case, it's a cold fish and cold money. I wonder if it will ever be recovered complete or, if not, broken for parts?
From 11 December 2014 https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror....791348.amp

"It's a work of art. Neighbours crowded in the street, in Broadstairs, Kent, to witness the 15ft high vessel looming over their homes in what was a £10,000 moving operation.

Attached Files
.jpg   PAY-John-Couzens.jpg (Size: 25.91 KB / Downloads: 118)
If they had waited 35 or 40 years, they could have floated it out.