The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby Rear Window Fitting
Hi All,

I am trying to fit the rear window back into my Ruby, I have all the part ready but looks like its going to be a bit fiddly as the rubber seal doesn't want to take the shape round the glass. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to getting the glass and seal into place. 

My thought on the order would be to hold the seal round the glass and offer into space, then try to get the outer lip over the bodywork then finally put the interior panel in. If there is a better order, please let me know.

Cheers,
James
I have just fitted a new rear Seal and it is a bit tricky .i cut the seal to length and superglued the ends together holding the seal in place around the glass.I then placed a thin cord under the outside lip and tied off the ends .You need 2 people one inside the car to hold the glass in place and another outside the car to
Pull on the tied ends of the cord to ease the lip over the metal edge.it also helps to use some soapy water to lubricate the seal .Hope that helps.
That's brilliant thanks, will give that a go tomorrow
James you have p.m. Mike
With an assistant I fitted the rubber around the glass and then fitted the rubber within the plywood panel, using string and various small tools. Then offer this up inside the car and but a few screws in loosely . Then persuade the lip of the rubber into place in the window opening.

It was slow and tricky, but we managed!