The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drive it Day 2020 - if you could, what and where would you drive?
That wouldn’t be the bar del Orso by any chance?
Alan Fairless
If you were in time for lunch I might, just, be in time for breakfast - the next day Stuart!

.jpeg   5E961443-D749-4B46-9612-3A3E813B6C03.jpeg (Size: 102.77 KB / Downloads: 321)
I’d be driving this on the Cotswold run and stopping at a pub that would actually be open!
Having got there by minor roads, driving up the half mile of rough track and into the West Woods.

4 mile walk, up and down and including bits of the Wansdyke.

Then a pint in the "Who'd a' Though It?" on the way home.

The bluebells are absolutely perfect now.
Nothing today, I've been working restoring my Steam roller.

However I went to fetch some eggs and potatoes from the honesty box farm shop of Friday in the RP.

.jpg   FB_IMG_1587914263251.jpg (Size: 42.21 KB / Downloads: 297)

I'd like to play with one of the team Sigma cars for a lap or three.  Mallory park looks as good a place as any...
(26-04-2020, 02:31 PM)Alan Wrote: That wouldn’t be the bar del Orso by any chance?

That's the one, Alan, just before you reach the roundabout on the SR2.

Smashing place and you can sneak up the little road by the side to park.

All the best,

Stuart

Edited to add, We'll wait for you, Ruaridh. I can face another day in Tuscany - in fact, take your time!
It’s ok Stuart we can wait for him. The best restaurant in the world is about 5 miles from there.
Alan Fairless
You'll be sending me the details in a PM, Alan? I sincerely hope to need them in future.

Thanks in anticipation,

Regards,

Stuart
Maybe we could not drive but we still held our Drive It Day run down in Hampshire. Due to current restrictions we had to rename it Sit It Day. With the Tulip Route books prepared for the road run they were used to form the basis of a treasure hunt. Competitors could either sit in their armchair with a glass of their favourite tipple or sit in their Austin (No alcoholic drink allowed). Entrants gathered on line at 10.30 for briefing and route books with the treasure hunt clues were emailed out at 11.00. Routes had to be plotted on Google Maps with Street View used to search for clues. The clues were scattered around the course and required virtually driving along some stretches of road searching. The route took in some very scenic roads along the River Test and is something to look forward to when we hope to run the event in September.

Bob Olive in full flight in his tourer with lap top.

Question 12 How many satelite dishes at Fishing Cottage.

It was a very long day for some with the first entry in after 2 hours 50 minutes. The longest took 22 hours 32 minutes. Just beating the 24 hour limit put on the event. Another event is being planned for May 24th using last years Drive It Day route.