The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drive it Day 2020 - if you could, what and where would you drive?
I really like your idea Gordon and apologise for misunderstanding how it works initially. Angel
(26-04-2020, 05:54 PM)stuartu Wrote:
(26-04-2020, 02:31 PM)Alan Wrote: That wouldn’t be the bar del Orso by any chance?

That's the one, Alan, just before you reach the roundabout on the SR2.

Smashing place and you can sneak up the little road by the side to park.

All the best,

Stuart

Edited to add, We'll wait for you, Ruaridh. I can face another day in Tuscany - in fact, take your time!

Best laid plans etc. Road block.

Not to worry, Charles, there's a public car park opposite. I just didn't want to pay!

Regards,

Stuart
Echoing Mike's post, I too would love to be going twixt Derbyshire and Cumbria (thanks for the photo Mike)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

One for Mike C.....

Once lockdown is over I'm going to have a day out in the RP and drive it to the summit of Mont Aigoual, as I promised Ian Dunford several years ago I would take a pic at the same spot just below the summit where he was in the 1970s.
Sounds Fab - can I join you?
OK. We'll do it by Whatsapp!
I actually need an excuse the to run the Cup Model in properly!

I'll come back to you if I get permission to meet you there - I may be some time!
Sounds like a plan!

For those of you who aren't "au fait" with Mont Aigoual, it's one of the high points in the Cévennes national park with an Observatory on the top. The summit tops out at 1565 metres, which isn't the highest by quite a bit (for example, Mont Ventoux is 1910 metres and the Cime de la Bonnette is 2860 metres, but nevertheless it's a good climb and the views are superb. Mont Aigoual is 100km by road from Rekkers Towers. (couple of hours)
Image here from the orientation table at the summit:

HERE

You can rotate the picture to see the whole view.