The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear number plate support
Hi everybody. Our 1936 A7 Opal has a ‘U’ shaped bracket attached to chassis on both sides, projecting rearward to surround spare wheel and support rear number plate. On each side it is attached to the chassis with only one bolt. Consequently it tends to swivel downwards. Is this attachment wrong?  Am I missing parts?  Any advice gratefully received. Keep safe everybody.
Cheers from Chris and Hilary
In the absence of any other replies ...

I wonder if it is similar to a Ruby bumper attachment. On each side is a bolt going through the forward end of the bracket (beside A), then further back, right at the end of the chassis is a block which clamps the bracket sideways against the inside of the chassis (beside B). The block has one bolt above and one below the bracket.

I've no idea why my photos keep ending up on their sides!

Peter.

It's to do with the orientation of your phone when was taken, windows brilliant <sic> software automatically rotates it on your PC screen, the solution is to view the picture in a small image then rotate it to the correct orientation & save it again

Hopefully it works this time, I've been caught a few times

Aye
Greig

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks for the pics. I’ve tried to attach photos of the setup on our car. The only fixing is the single bolt through the bracket on the chassis.
Cheers from Chris and Hilary
Thanks Greig, though the photo was taken on a camera (not a phone) with no auto-rotate function. It always appears correctly orientated even as a thumbnail icon.

Peter.