The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Drive with the girls today...
Excellent stuff!
Does anyone have plans for a safe distance mobile gathering for Drive it Day?
Nobody should be leaving their homes unless it is for essential travel Duncan.

Stay at home, park the car in your drive and stay safe my friend.
As the tulip route book is all prepared we are going ahead with our Drive It Day run down in Hampshire. 
Meeting at 10.30 for coffee (on line) Tulip route and treasure hunt clues will be emailed out at 11.00. 
Entrants will drive the route on Google Maps and search for treasure hunt answers using Street View. 
First to send in the most correct answers wins a free lunch when the rescheduled event is held.
Please stay at home Gordon - you should only be driving if the journey is essential at the moment.
He is staying at home as is everyone else. It’s a virtual run.

Entrants will drive the route on Google Maps and search for treasure hunt answers using Street View
1931 RN, 1933 APD
That is great news - thank you for explaining Roly.

It's been a very long and tiring week for me! See you at the quiz tomorrow!
Looking forward to it and the technical challenge as I am a Zoom virgin!
1931 RN, 1933 APD
(24-04-2020, 07:09 PM)Gordon Puzey Wrote: As the tulip route book is all prepared we are going ahead with our Drive It Day run down in Hampshire. 
Meeting at 10.30 for coffee (on line) Tulip route and treasure hunt clues will be emailed out at 11.00. 
Entrants will drive the route on Google Maps and search for treasure hunt answers using Street View. 
First to send in the most correct answers wins a free lunch when the rescheduled event is held.

this sounds fascinating! I am trying to imagine the 'getting to' portion - or do you just have a list of spots with questions?

Would you be willing to post even part of this (even after) just so I can visualize it?
thanks
JP
Hi JP
It works like this. 
You run Google Maps on line. 
On your PC screen you have a map. Find your start point using a post code This allows you to then plot your course and measure distances between junctions from your tulip route book as you would on a paper map.
The treasure hunt is based on the old method of driving along in our Austins looking for house names etc. The clues are scattered around the course. When you think you have reached a clue location you switch to Street View on you Google Map. You can now look around or start virtually driving along the road searching.
The road event did not include a treasure hunt and was estimated to take approx one hour. I have estimated the on line version will take upwards of 1.5 hours.
Gordon
Can we drive an Austin to Morrisons for the week's groceries on Drive it Day?