The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J40 parts - available again...
Those of you with J40s in need of parts will be interested to see that Roy Halford's old business has been bought up by Burlen (I think), parts available here: https://www.j40motorco.com/?fbclid=IwAR3...lVQhYG_8#/
That's great news! Thanks for sharing Ruairidh. We have a very rusty one in the family, and I had heard that Roy and Lin were retiring. Fingers crossed Burlen look after the business, but I'm so glad that it will keep going.
Always had this one in the family.
RPM    
I bought mine on a very foggy night for my daughter Louise. Having groped our way up the sellers garden with a torch, we discovered it wouldn't fit my car. So he drove it home for me. It took about an hour each way such was the fog.
It was just the body shell with axles. I fitted a set of wire wheelchair wheels I bought from Wollaton rally. I mentioned to a friend it was the "rare wire wheeled export version" ; he became very excited, saying he didn't know there was an export version !!
My parents bought my sister and I a brand new one - still in it's wooden crate from a fairground family in the village.

That was 40 years ago and it has been enjoyed as a toy by many since then. Our J40 is dented, rusty, missing quite a few parts and has a tyre missing.

We love it!

.jpg   J 40 Pedel cars 001.jpg (Size: 49.39 KB / Downloads: 103)

These are the 2 J 40s done up for my kids in the 90's. I have now got 2 grandchildren so they are out again being refurbished during lockdown.
As a small boy in the 50's I looked in awe and wonder at new ones in the Austin showroom in Streatham High Road hoping that one would miraculously appear at home. It never did but as my parents could not drive or afford any motorised vehicle this was highly unlikely.