The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accelerator Pedal stuck!!
I have un done the bolt in the clamp that holds the Accelerator pedal (BF-1) to the Accelerator Control Spindle and it wont come off  Angry

I have tried prising the clamp a little open using a screwdriver as a wedge to no effect.

Before I get more violent - have I missed something obvious?

My next trick will be to use some heat but if there is something I am missing that wont work.

I managed to get the engine out with the gearbox on with a certain amount of judicious jiggling having dismounted the spindle  but it has left itr in a less than favourable position for the return trip.

How do I get the pedal off the spindle?

As a last resort I could put the spindle back with the pedal in place and follow the more usual route of putting the engine and gear box back in individually but I do like a challenge Huh Confused Cool .
You need to remove the bolt completely from the pedal,can be a bit of a fiddle. It will then detach easily.
Take the bolt out completely and you might find your problem solved!
Black Art Enthusiast
Thank you Williams's both.

I did and it did!

I was very tired last night and knew that if I battled on I'd break something.

After I put the question to the forum and had a good nights sleep I guessed what the answer was.

The forum is a great help to some one who hasn't fettled an Austin 7 for many years.