The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Cars
https://youtu.be/3QKk4mPsBZs

https://youtu.be/mqEdfLgf8Ns

And if you have any interest in the Hawker Hurricane watch this- 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hdVmVdyuEw
If that is 1951, my Ruby is a lot younger than paperwork and my previous understanding suggests. The Ruby pulling off the road and the crew getting out to walk the hill indicates that ladies trials crews dressed a bit differently back in them days. 

Does anyone recognise the music accopmaying the other film, where the audience are spoken to by the cars? First thoughts that it might be a Weber overture, research will be rquired at the lunchbreak, oops,  a mere half hour away. Back to work, or maybe slice the bread for the sarnies.
I thought the location for the opening shot of the Ruby looked familiar.

2020, courtesy of Google Earth. 

On the Ridge at Woldingham above Oxted, the turning to the right is Chalkpit Lane and to the left is The Coach House, Whistlers Wood. One time home of the so called Rolls and Bentley Club.
Very cool Henry.
(21-04-2020, 12:33 PM)Steve kay Wrote: If that is 1951, my Ruby is a lot younger than paperwork and my previous understanding suggests. The Ruby pulling off the road and the crew getting out to walk the hill indicates that ladies trials crews dressed a bit differently back in them days.
Here's the colour version. High fashion of the time - and most elegant.

Wonderful!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If that was NZ the brick wall cornerpost would have been demolished by some heavy veicle long ago. O r removed and the road tediously straightened and widened.

from the lady in white
" I use oil in the steering box, never pressure grease"
" I bought it because it has seats contoured specifically for us"
" I think we are within the weight limits in Nicholson"
"It is a special long bonnet model fro long legs"
etc
"I offered these flowers and a big kiss to the scrute, and bless him he said he'd ignore the LEDs."
You wish  Smile
The way the guy rips the upward gearchange through at the beginning, would not matter if he has synchro or not.
Intrigued the way the lady exiting the car hoists up some undergarment. Perhaps no one noticed until it was too late to reatake the shot. I used to have that trouble when  my mother washed my underapants in water too hot.  Onlw when I went it alone did I figure the cause of the ruined elastic..
Thought I would gat a lot done with the lock down. But the autumn days are so perfect, the air so clear. no background noise, hardly any traffic , and with the risk of expiring early from  Covid, I cant resist spending the days cycling (and walking up grade ) far and wide. The number of small family groups very unusual and pleasant to see. Seen so many anglo saxon types it is like south coast Engalnd, or my boyhood.