The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lakeland roads - as they used to be
Interesting that QS indicates that they were running until " mid morning." They were attributed with 105 laps, and whilst their fastest lap seemed to be just over 8 minutes, even with baulked  laps and pit stops one might have expected dirty fuel troubles to have begun at about 7 am at the latest, particularly if the problems began after they had done only 82 laps. Perhaps subsequent very slow laps and a long time in the pits took its toll.  I can find no report of what meant a formal disqualification, rather than retirement. Did the car run out of fuel out on the circuit? 

No, I hadn't looked at Wikipedia! 

And yes, I feel a profoundly essential shopping outing is required, "where  am I off to in my Ruby, officer? Why, a vital packet of biscuits has to be purchased!"
Cars had to complete a minimum number of laps before any fluids could be replenished; presumably the 23 laps was insufficient, so the team had the choice of retiring out of petrol, or refuelling and being disqualified for doing so before the required mileage was achieved.