The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Type 65 / Nippy Dashboard
Hi Folks,
The little switch in question is not original ( probably a 1950's add on ) have a look at the terminal fittings and compare them with the Austin Parts.
The dash panel is as per the Box Saloon and I am sure this panel shape was used all the way through the Nippy production but with the later Ruby instruments fitted as they came into production.
Who has got bright enough lights to need a dipswitch anyway !!!!
I'm afraid I don't think they were there either.
Don't think it's here, but Nick has a better copy! Nice knife edge dash top on this very early test car...
.jpg   enlargement.jpg (Size: 136.82 KB / Downloads: 320)
My copy is no better, in fact I think it's less clear.
This is not related to the "switch" issue, but I notice that your kick panels appear to be covered in the same material as your door panels. I am in the process of covering my door panels[currently plain plywood] on my Nippy and was going to cover the kick panels at the same time. However, the kick panels seem to be original, and are varnished plywood that matches the dashboard! Thoughts please.
I'm afraid I don't think they were there either.
Don't think it's here, but Nick has a better copy! Nice knife edge dash top on this very early test car...[attachment=9692]
On mine the door cards and kick panels were covered in the same Rexine. There might have been some varnish on the ply underneath, which would make sense as it would help waterproof the wood.
It sounds like mine and Nick's are the same. I don't know what size your feet are John, but my size 11s struggle for space, to the extent I always drive in my socks. I have considered taking a piece out of the kick panel to create some space. Food for thought while you're in there?
On checking my Nippy, I have a switch in the same position, It is a very old switch, pull on push off, possibly original, but not connected to anything. I fitted a new wiring loom to the car for the previous owner about 25 years ago, and would not have left it disconnected if it was in use. Did Nippys use spot lights?
A lot of owners surely used a lot of things, and suppliers would also have put accessories on to the whim of the new car buyer - that might encourage a later of perceived originality if the suppliers were shared? But we need to scrutinise the 'oles as there isn't actually evidence that they were there as new yet. Are the three switches of the posters the same?