The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cross shaft
Hi, hoping to remove my cross shaft to refurbish during the lockdown. Any chance someone has pictures of one stripped& perhaps a guide as to how & any possible snags?
Thanks. Kevin
Hi Kevin

Best tell us what year Seven you have.  There are lots of variations .....Could be uncoupled (relatively simple) coupled, Girling, rod etc etc.

Cheers

Howard
Car is 1933 PD. Not sure if cross shaft is two part. I have coupled brakes. Not sure if 2 tubes. Been told 1 should move relatively to other but it’s solid. If I remove it should I be able to split the two without damage. I have the facilities to machine new parts if read but do not want to damage beyond repair. 
Thanks Kevin.
Assuming the shaft is still correct one for the car, no Kevin it is not possible to split the inner and outer shaft as one can with a later Ruby shaft. I did once show some detailed pictures of a 32 to 36 shaft on here but goodness knows what thread that was now. I will hook through my files to see if I saved the pictures.
Black Art Enthusiast
The difference between a seized concentric shaft and one not yet seized is not great! Energetic prising between the input and output levers on RHS should produce slight relative movement. it seemed a strange way of "solving" a perceived problem. The old postings referred to and associated are worth searching for.
I suppose you could do worse than starting by looking here..

http://archive.a7ca.org/wp-content/uploads/PL_1029.pdf

Page 46 of the publication..