The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do I have in my garage?
Having seen a number of, as it were, notable German "historic" re -creations advertised, I somehow thuoght that to qualify for registration the car had to demonstrate an ample acreage of polished aluminium, adequate louvres on the bonnet sides, various Mille Miglia Retro decals of dubious origin, and most important of all, at least two leather satchels disposed on running boards!
Thank you Ian for that explanation.

@ Steve

I hope I get a bonus because it is a pre-war vehicle with a modern engine and because the body was not designed too modern and without fiberglass. But before examination the brakes should work.

Have you ever heard that testing on a brake or power bench shouldn't be done as it can damage the rear axle?.
Ian Williams beat me to it with the VIN decode!
To elaborate on my past ownership inquiry with NZTA for a vehicle of similar age to yours OP, in 2016 all I got back for my money was a list of owners after the vehicle was re-registered in the Motor Vehicle Records [in my case this was 1994] with all identifying details literally 'X', other than dates and the town/city they lived in. Totally useless. Some time ago it was possible in NZ to search for previous owners by licence plate but due to historic misuse and potential privacy concerns NZTA  tightened security on that database beyond all expectations... Once upon a time there was a combined hard copy registration certificate and record of ownership which went with the vehicle but unfortunately these documents are usually long gone, unless you are exceptionally lucky and successive owners have passed it on.
If the German vehicle testing is similar to France ( my A7 is French registered), the EU directive regarding classic vehicles recommends that vehicles with spoked wheels and cable operated brakes should not be subjected to the rolling road brake tester. In fact once registered as an "old timer" the car will be exempt subsequent annual or biannual testing. By the way your car does not have a "modern" engine. It is quite in keeping with the pre war period although the numbers aren't matching. This is often the case as cars were maintained on a budget and spares were plentiful. I would recommend you contact your local Dixi club representative for guidance regarding registration. I'm sure they will be able to help.
Austin Seven Club Deutschland

https://www.austinsevenclub.de/pages/club.php
(15-04-2020, 09:52 PM)Bela Wrote: Thank you Ian for that explanation.

@ Steve

I hope I get a bonus because it is a pre-war vehicle with a modern engine ....

That's wrong indeed. It should have been "historical" instead of "modern".
(15-04-2020, 09:49 PM)Steve kay Wrote: Having seen a number of, as it were, notable German "historic" re -creations advertised, I somehow thuoght that to qualify for registration the car had to demonstrate an ample acreage of polished aluminium, adequate louvres on the bonnet sides, various Mille Miglia Retro decals of dubious origin, and most important of all, at least two leather satchels disposed on running boards!

So true Smile

I seem to remember this car having a German plate when I snapped it a couple of years ago. presumably the builder managed to persuade the registration authorities that the (Commer TS3 exhaust scavenge) blower and the SU carbs were original to that Buick straight 8 motor.

[Image: 44663666642_5269dbea20_z.jpg]

[Image: 29775971847_8cfa539a02_z.jpg]

[Image: 29775968627_3825e460f1_z.jpg]

Real attention to detail and beautifully finished, perhaps the owner thought that the leather satchels might be over egging it Smile
I agree.

At fairs in the last years you could see cars "better than new". Those cars had been build around a chassis number. But there is a new tendency to historical background, patina and original state.
Bela for what it's worth I think you have got a very pretty looking little car, sure it's a Special, but many 7's here are Specials too and we all have great fun with them

With some care and attention to the mechanical side & of course the brakes you should have something to look forward to driving in your summer months

Post some more pictures, especially from the rear

Aye
Greig
yes - fun is the decisive factor. I also own a MG TD and I’m sure it’s more fun than a Mercedes 190Sl.