The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VW Distributor failed...
Yesterday, I drove my A7 on full speed, when suddenly the engine went off. I checked the ignition and realized that the distributor finger did not turn when the engine turns over. I have a VW distributor - probably some Bosch 009 repro.

I dismantled the distributor - I'm not aware of how it should work but when I turn the axle, the plate with the weights does not turn, nor does the drive shaft where the finger is mounted. 

Can anyone give me some advice where the issues is located ?

thanks
Oliver
Shear pin on the gear snapped ?
Check the rotor arm. Does it turn on the shaft when the engine is switched off if it does there is your problem. Has the drive lug in the rotor arm broken off.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
The advance base plate that is visible in your second picture should be attached to the serrations on the spindle, the only way to fix that is a replacement spindle with intact base plate or complete distributor.
Black Art Enthusiast
There are apparently two types of Bosch distributor- good and bad. Our Spares have located a source of good Bosch distributors - not much dearer than the bad.

John Sh. any advice ?