The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! Timing?
(12-04-2020, 08:46 PM)Peter Clayton Wrote: Charles did you mean 360 deg ,which would put it back where you started, or should it read 180 deg?

180 of course — thanks for straightening me out!

Charles
I think I have found the issue! The dizzy cap has a small crack around the base of where the king lead goes into it, clearly that will allow the spark to find an easy way out (although I was getting a good spark at the plug when I tested it), the car did fire and run but for only a few seconds before cutting again which would suggest an ignition fault as I have found. I'll keep everyone updated once a source a new cap. Paul
Source 2 new caps and keep one in the back...
Charles made the same mistake when talking to airtraffic control after landing , they asked me to expidite a taxi off the main runway. As I had just passed a taxiway I said "would you like me to do a 360?" If you like they said, but a 180 would be more helpful.
(17-04-2020, 08:15 PM)Peter Clayton Wrote: Charles made the same mistake when talking to airtraffic control after landing , they asked me to expidite a taxi off the main runway. As I had just passed a taxiway I said "would you like me to do a 360?" If you like they said, but a 180 would be more helpful.

On my second flying lesson, (40+years ago) I lined up on the runway ,as instructed, then told 'full throttle'. About halfway down the runway I asked my instructor if he wanted me to 'take off'?
At this point he dryly said, Well we're not going for a bl**dy drive !!!! Happy Days.
Thanks guys,

Found the fault, would you believe of all things it was the new distributor cap!  There was a hairline crack around where the king pin goes into the centre.  It was a new part, and fustratingly I was getting a spark at the plug so I had discounted it as a cause.  However there you go!

https://www.facebook.com/paul.whitburn.7...=%2CdC-R-R
Frustrating, but well done!