The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steam for Easter
One effect of the virus lockdown is to threaten that for the first time in easily two hundred years, there might be no steam operation this Easter. On industrial railways, then the big public railways and for the last half century, heritage railways, steam locomotives will have been operating at this time of year. Volunteers from Eardington Station on the Severn Valley, not being able to have pints of Doctor Daniels on Bridgnorth station platform last night, have emailed and have decided that we must try to get as much steam working today and tomorrow as we can. Since it is difficult to venture out in our Sevens, can we please get the Mamods down from the shelf, set up the garden railways, or if feeling generous, those with real 12" to the foot steam actually fire them up. Just doing it in the comfort and security of our own gardens will be great, even better if you could send a "Steam at Easter" piece to your local paper. Some Sevenists will know all about socialmeeja, and thus be able to put stuff onto whatsgram instaface and other vital means of communication.
Now I must get the Mamod out from the workshop. Steam Up!

we had 4 in steam yesterday. And got the Austin out

[Image: 008_1855.jpg]
Sorry Steve, both Mamods are buried in the loft...  I will do my best to get these two in steam today...

.jpg   20200412_113155.jpg (Size: 513.6 KB / Downloads: 357)
Love the boat ?
My problem I ask questions that other people don't like?
Like have you got that for an investment or for fun?
Happy Easter everyone.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The Mamods are kept in the livingroom, so easily to hand. Alas I find that I have run out of Meta fuel for the roadster and  I have used all the meths which powers the TE1A, so can't actually raise steam. Cry

So, in between cooking dinner, I have been amusing myself making number plates for a friend's tatty Ford Dexta:

I've got the front plate to do this afternoon.

Reckless: I love your steam roller!

Happy Easter everyone!
Showman's engine or Road tractor I think...Lovely fun
[attachment=9601]

My elder son left this behind when he moved out.
He has his hands full now with a 5" live steam garden railway and a full size Wallis & Steevens Oil Bath tractor.
I'm sure there will be smoke and steam over his house and garden today.

Since I started it, I thought that I'd better sign on for footplate duty, or twiddle the steering extension duty.
Ah, those happy boyhood memories of the methylated spirits near-invisibly setting fire to the house after I spilled it whilst fuelling the Mamod. How mum and dad laughed...