The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
These darned 50 m.p.h. open-road limits
50 m.p.h. Enough to force the number plate and rear-view mirror horizontal - and bend the windscreen supports back.

Attached Files
.jpg   50 mph2.jpg (Size: 269.88 KB / Downloads: 693)
Well, at least his cap remained firmly attached, mine would have disappeared over the hedge!
Must have been fast - the door handle has been blown aft of the door!
Tony, The majority if not all of your drawings and postcards show male drivers. I was going to say it shows an age before feminism but then I remember suffragettes.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
(12-04-2020, 12:16 PM)Chris Garner Wrote: Must have been fast - the door handle has been blown aft of the door!
I had to Photoshop the doors to make them A7 forward-hinged. I wondered if anyone would spot the "unintended mistake" Well done!

(12-04-2020, 12:25 PM)John Mason Wrote: Tony,  The majority if not all of your drawings and postcards show male drivers. I was going to say it shows an age before feminism but then I remember suffragettes.

John Mason
OK. Just for you....

Attached Files
.jpg   60 mph3.jpg (Size: 148.47 KB / Downloads: 366)
Haha Tony. Absolutely splendid!
Thanks Tony, Many feminist women will be rejoicing. I know I can be a bit thick (actually a lot thick) sometimes but why the increase in speed to 60mph on the sign.
On another thing after seeing your photos and drawings I think we need to re think the question that the camera doesn’t lie.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
(13-04-2020, 09:33 AM)John Mason Wrote: Thanks Tony,  Many feminist women will be rejoicing.  I know I can be a bit thick (actually a lot thick) sometimes but why the increase in speed to 60mph on the sign.
On another thing after seeing your photos and drawings I think we need to re think the question that the camera doesn’t lie.

John Mason
There are a few 60 limit signs - but not common, I'll admit. Anyway, the speed goes up - and the woman insists on control!
As we all now know, there's a myriad of tricks when manipulating photographs using Photoshop - and it can, on many occasions, be just impossible to know if what you are looking at is "true" or not. Fortunately, there are often little clues left due to careless work, but you have to look very closely to find them. While the latest versions of the program have shortcuts that are tempting to use, many of them do not work as well as patient, detailed control by hand and these flaws can often provide little clues as to what's been done.
A 60 mph sign is a rarity, in fact I cannot recall seeing one. It is assumed that the driver should know the national speed limit which is 60mph unless otherwise indicated.
I assumed it was a dual carriageway, where a 60 sign is more logical.