The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best battery for 1937 Opal
Hi all,

Some advice please — my six volt battery has suddenly given up and despite a few hours on charge will barely light the ignition warning lamp.
Any ideas on Best Buy to replace it. Would be nice to get something decent which lasted.

Thanks,
Charles
Tayna Batteries - I am not the only one on the forum to recommend them.   Exide, 80 AH, if I remember right.
That is what I use too.
And so do I, no connection other than as customer.
I always use Tayna here is the link to purchase :
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/312646477927
Me too. The Exide 80 amp is an excellent battery.

Steve
(11-04-2020, 04:13 PM)Nick Turley Wrote: I always use Tayna here is the link to purchase :
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/312646477927

Brilliant response and thank you all.
its on order, delivery next week. I said to my wife,” it’s a bit like a pantomime, you rub the iPad and a new battery appears”. She said, “ ah, but what about the old one?”

Charles
Can the Exide users give an indication of the longevity of a properly cared for battery?
I'm on five years with mine and it's still doing what it's supposed to do. It's on a car that doesn't get the use it deserves and that, sometimes, sits for 12 months without any use. Shame on me, I know, but I do have other cars that get rather more use. I give it an overnight charge every three months or so but even then, I'm not sure it really needs it. I do have all the bits to convert the car to 12v like my other Sevens (including a 'new' 12v dynamo) and I did think about doing that a couple of years ago. In the end, I didn't see the point so didn't bother.

Steve
(11-04-2020, 07:36 PM)Robert Foreman Wrote: Can the Exide users give an indication of the longevity of a properly cared for battery?

Ours lasted 10 years, which is remarkable on a car lacking modern charge regulation.