The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
original Reg

.jpg   IMG_0530.JPG (Size: 33.82 KB / Downloads: 309) At some point my 27 chummy was re-registerd with a BF number- BF4925.
I would like to try and find out a bit about the car's history, does anyone know how I might find out the original reg?
I have looked at the last MOT stations who tested the car, and contacted them, and they will have a look through their records.
The last owner on the log book was a Peter Young of Lymington, and I know a guy in Frome who restores clocks owned it at one time
Any help welcomed
Steve,

Your car as BF 4925 isn't unfortunately on the A7CA Chassis Register - had it been, it may have shown what it's original registration was. However if you key in your cars chassis number on the Chassis Register you may have some success - link below.

http://a7ca.org/chassis-register/

Failing that, have you asked the clock guy in Frome if he has any information of previous owners? Google shows a Peter Young in Lymington - an 87 year old company director.
BF 4925 is a DVLA age-related number, issued around mid-2008, so you need to check with the owner at that time if known to you.
Once again, the true value of a car retaining its original registration comes to the fore...I like Tony Betts’ suggestion that if the original reg has been robbed and can be found, to attach a small plaque to the age related number and fragments of history are bound to come to light when past owners or people who knew the car see it out and about.
I'm with Jeff, noting the fact that it's new reg isn't registered might be good news, as it might still be listed under its original reg (as mine was), so I was able to triangulate through the chassis number down ultimately to the original registration log in Wolverhampton.
Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
If the car can be reunited with its original registration via the chassis number that would be a brilliant result...fingers crossed!
Thanks
I will pursue it a bit further and let you know of any progress
Even if you identify the car's original number, it's most unlikely you will be able to reunite car and number. The fact DVLA has issued the car with an age-related number suggests either a previous owner has transferred the original number to another car, or there was insufficient evidence for the DVLA to reallocate the original number to the car.
Thanks Mike,
I'm more interested in knowing a bit more about the history of the car to be honest.
I'm assuming that the original reg, was an appealing one, and somebody decided to flog it.