The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richard Edmonds results?
was anyone there or able to give me link to the results from last week? 
The website has no details yet and would be interested to know what all the Chummys got to.
Just found the reason why no results yet  at http://richardedmondsauctions.com/cat/  :-

Auction Results – we apologise for the delay in loading the results from our recent auction. We have been assured by our web providers that they will be loaded on Monday.
up now! (thanks)
seems kids D types are the order of the day... quite a few non sales.
4 chummies, first 2 selling and the next two not!
bargains.

i had a look round the cars wilst there. but didnt attend saterday.

dont know why the other two didnt sell, they looked nice cars.

perhaps its the wrong time of year, or prices of cars are dropping fast.

i know everyone loves a bargain, but chummies under £10k are in my mind in danger of being made into more ulsters reps ?

tony.
It might wake a few in the hobby up if chummies did get made into Ulster reps. It would show the way the hobby is going.
(06-11-2017, 06:52 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: bargains.

i know everyone loves a bargain, but chummies under £10k are in my mind in danger of being made into more ulsters reps ?

tony.

(06-11-2017, 11:00 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote:
(06-11-2017, 06:52 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: bargains.

tony.

Hi Tony, surely it would not be cost effective to break a Chummy to make an Ulster Rep.10k for a car which will provide most of the incorrect running gear and a V5.
Surely better to convert spare parts which are still reasonably plentiful into complete cars.
Hedd,which way is the Hobby going?
Anyone got a view on the prices the A7s achieved? I think they are less toppy than of late. Is the market down a bit?
If these Richard Edmonds prices are a guide, it looks like pre-war prices generally are depressed: three years ago I sold a very smart 1930 Morris Cowley, and was disappointed to get £10,000; a similar car in almost as good condition was sold in this auction for £6,500. That shows a similar trend to those £16-18,000 chummies now selling for £11,500 (and two failing to sell at £9,500).
Hi Tony, surely it would not be cost effective to break a Chummy to make an Ulster Rep.10k for a car which will provide most of the incorrect running gear and a V5.
Surely better to convert spare parts which are still reasonably plentiful into complete cars.
Hedd,which way is the Hobby going?

Given that many 'ulster reps' are on long wheel base chassis, having a chassis of the correct length wouldn't seem so incorrect to me.

Its going from restoring pieces of history to making approximations of racing cars as toys under the 'historic' banner.
Its hardly surprising, as everyone else's world now is 'time is money' and I cannot imagine ever finishing this put-back-together at the moment... an approximation of a racing car as a toy this evening sounds fabulous after chasing non-existent earths all afternoon.

(p.s. when putting in an earth block, remember to trim the wire properly rather than just pushing it in for immediate effect, and thinking 'I'll sort that later")