The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floorboards in Specials
Afternoon all,

Progress is progressing on the Cambridge Special. With all the bits mocked up, it's time to think about floors.

We've none of the origin bits left, so it's a blank canvas. 
If any of you gents would be willing to post some pics of various floors in various specials, I would be extremely grateful. Just to work on out where the bulkhead begins, where the floor ends etc.

Many many thanks,
Pete.
Are these any help Pete, plenty more pictures on my special body build thread.

.jpg   DSC06390.JPG (Size: 239.88 KB / Downloads: 364)
.jpg   DSC06392.JPG (Size: 244.91 KB / Downloads: 363)
Black Art Enthusiast
Ian the pics are fab, thanks very much indeed! The point at which the floor angles up and becomes the bulkhead was of particular interest, and these pics show it beautifully.
A quick question if I may - the satin black panel that sits over the 'box - is that something that you have made? It's a very elegant solution and it looks a treat!

Thanks again Ian,
Pete.
Hi Pete, I also have a dismantled Cambridge special, no floor.Some of the other things we need to
know is the correct distance between the bottom of the body sides, and the top of the chassis side
members, it could be that the bottom of the sides are level with the underside of the crossmembers, but I don’t know. I have the Cambridge booklet but that doesn’t say either.
Also what is the fore and aft location.
Best Wishes Gene
Yes Pete the gearbox cover is home made and there to allow the gearbox to be removed from inside the car, without this you have to remove the radiator and engine which is a pain in the proverbial. My special is my own confection rather than a Cambridge but you may find some useful ideas if you look through the thread I have running about its build.
Black Art Enthusiast
Hello again Pete, if you look at the “Brake Pedal Again “ post, Henry Harris has put up some useful images of the floor in relation to the pedals, its post no 12. Thanks Henry, useful information.
Best Wishes to all, Gene
Hi, I have sorted through some images that may help.  I plan to put them on Face Book groups page   -    https://www.facebook.com/groups/41865892...087917986/
Austin Seven specials/sports/racers   as I find it much easier to load.  Bruce
(09-04-2020, 01:59 PM)Pete236 Wrote: Afternoon all,

Progress is progressing on the Cambridge Special. With all the bits mocked up, it's time to think about floors.

We've none of the origin bits left, so it's a blank canvas. 
If any of you gents would be willing to post some pics of various floors in various specials, I would be extremely grateful. Just to work on out where the bulkhead begins, where the floor ends etc.

Many many thanks,
Pete.

Hi Pete,

I seem to remember the floor was marine ply — it was a bit gappy around the pedals and got damp in the rain but, as they say, those were the days.
I would say keep it simple and keep it light. Keep the posts coming.

Charles
Photos from Bruce's FB post...

.jpg   Floor pan 7.jpg (Size: 140.79 KB / Downloads: 222)

.jpg   Floor pan 5.jpg (Size: 130.48 KB / Downloads: 221)

.jpg   Floor pan 2.jpg (Size: 89.23 KB / Downloads: 222)

.jpg   Floor pan 1.jpg (Size: 170.26 KB / Downloads: 222)