The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1928 Austin Seven Review
1928 Austin Seven Review from the Light Car & Cyclecar Magazine. Click each picture once for a clearer image - and click again for full resolution (around 2.2MB each).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Presumably the 2nd gear speed is set by valve bounce which seems to be about these rpm or a tad higher on later engines. They did not see it prudent to mention the brakes.
Lovely to see these Tony. Be vigilant for some press record of the first Fabric saloon which had the smaller door design of the R Saloon. So it will be up to two years earlier... we only have a "1927" factory photo.
Interesting to see the scuttle vents appear to be plated, not the usual body colour.
Also the choke having a ring to pull it. I use a length of wash-basin plug chain and a key ring.
Jim
(08-04-2020, 07:39 AM)JonE Wrote: Lovely to see these Tony. Be vigilant for some press record of the first Fabric saloon which had the smaller door design of the R Saloon.  So it will be up to two years earlier... we only have a "1927" factory photo.
Hi Jon,  I've one or two more to come and - though now probably a couple of months away, a number of others. If anyone has colour or other images featuring A7s that need "restoring", do let me know.
Thanks for posting such a good quality scan Tony, my favourite seven and a great read!
Ken Kimber has just queried the door cards. I looked back and realised this is of course a 'cusp' car - the integral peak of the older RF(2) variant but with the new radiator of the RK and "1929 model" RF(3). So its still got the the RF (2) interior.
It is also this exact car... a RF (2 and a half)! Probably registered Aug/Sept 1928 from the plate digits.
.jpg   1929-RF.jpg (Size: 193.21 KB / Downloads: 81)

This is another RF (2) with small rad... June 28
.jpg   ebay402747-2.jpg (Size: 66.58 KB / Downloads: 80)