The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake pedal again !
These should give you some idea (and no, Charles, it doesn't have the four speed gearbox any more  Wink ).

Steve
There are only 3 relevant measurements that are important here. They are identical on all factory coachbuilders drawings that I've seen.

This is a section of the coachbuilders drawing for the 65 chassis

If it was mine - because I would want to use it first and do it properly later - I would mock up a "pedal box" to see what a solution would look like.

You have a cross section drawing, which you can relate to the cross member for position fore and aft.   You know where you want your seat to be, and how high it is.

You need to know how high the top of your pedal box is above floor level to give you comfortable movement of feet on pedals.

You can work this out using carboard, sticky tape, and the living room floor.

That will show you how much/little of the bulkhead/floor you can get away with removing to substitute with your box, which will put the pedals back where they belong.

Or not, if it looks like too much mucking about with that bit of the car.
It may have nothing to do with the problem but isn't the Ruby pedal and shaft 'upside down' in the arm in the first picture ?
Determined to find a fix without dismantling the car to far decided to try the Ruby pedal again.
Now fitted giving a much improved operation , problem now being when simulating hard braking the pedal lever is very close to the throttle control shaft (see photo).
Solving one problem has lead to another and I can't see how to solve it. 
Just wondering if anyone out there has a solution?
Many thanks
Paul

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Paul

I think the accelerator linkage is too low.  On my RK and on my special it is mounted on the bulkhead about 3” higher than yours. The accelerator lever is mainly on the engine side of the bulkhead and only the pedal comes through into the cockpit. 

From your photos you seem to have lots of room to site the linkage higher up on new brackets. Fabricate a new accelerator lever attached directly to the end of the linkage.  It will mean that the accelerator pedal can be sited well below the brake pedal.

Cheers

Howard
Thanks Howard that's very helpful, would you have any photos available of your fixing position?

Many thanks

Paul
Wear trainers
Hi Paul

As it happens I have the gearbox out to replace the clutch levers (see thread on 4 speed release bearing).

These show the position of the linkage and the juxtaposition of the Chummy brake and accelerator lever. Note I’ve “straightened” the brake pedal slightly but using a Ruby pedal should give quite a lot of adjustment to position and length.

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files
.jpeg   CF0FF93F-F2A9-4A3A-9854-B11C5A241021.jpeg (Size: 116.99 KB / Downloads: 93)
.jpeg   80B0C53A-097D-4072-A9AC-07D52D54A4F9.jpeg (Size: 111.35 KB / Downloads: 92)
Thanks Howard that's great.
I imagine with this forced shutdown a lot of tinkering going on at present.
The Joy's of Seven ownership.