The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chummy rear seat
With nothing else (like work) getting in the way, I spent the afternoon tinkering with the car.
The rear seat squab on my chummy has no apparent fixing to stop it sliding around. It looks like an original base, timber with a series of holes in it. There's also some wax/ chalk markings ( presumably from the factory).
Underneath the nasty modern cover, there's a very beaten up moquette cover, with green leather piping and sides. Interestingly, where a bit of the fabric has been protected from the light, it is an unbelievably bright jazzy pattern. I gather that this is the sort of thing that was in 30s saloons? 
What is the original fixing for the rear seat squab? I need to make something to hold it secure, and want to make it fairly authentic.
(31-03-2020, 07:28 PM)Steve Clare Wrote: What is the original fixing for the rear seat squab?

Two children - I have some going spare, give me a ring. I have a trade UPS account.
Steve - I'm desparately researching these cloths as per grey mag articles over the last few editions - can you send me some pictures to [ eb65 at btinternet dot com ]

It wouldn't have originally been in the chummy.

Could you send me pics of the chalk marks too - may be able to tell you a bit more about them.
Home schooling getting to you, Ruairidh?
(31-03-2020, 08:25 PM)Colin Wilks Wrote: Home schooling getting to you, Ruairidh?

Not me, the girls! They have two teachers as parents!
Christ, I'm not that desperate to keep the seat in place.

Yes, happy to send over some pictures.
Will have a look tomorrow- mobile phone quality OK?
They come with a substantial cash settlement...
Oooh! Tell us more  Smile
Tongue
(31-03-2020, 08:44 PM)Steve Clare Wrote:
Yes, happy to send over some pictures.
Will have a look tomorrow- mobile phone quality OK?
indeed in first instance, whatever is easiest as long as you can get something showing that detail - and if anything turns out to be rare, you can get the film crew in later...