The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do these belong?
I have at last found the time to sort out several boxes of inherited Seven parts. I can identify most of them but just to add interest there may be some Morris 1000 bits in there!

Anyone know what these are?  My best guess is that B is a 4-speed gearbox front bearing and D, E and F are non Austin 7.

Peter.

E looks like a collection of odd bits: the two large rubber rings look like seals out of a brake caliper, whilst most of the others are part of a master cylinder repair kit.
Bearing A could be SKF RLS 11 - 1 3/8" bore - are you sure of the OD which should be 3" ? But it is not an Austin 7 Bearing.

Bearing B is SKF RMS 8 - Austin 7 Pinion Shaft Gear End 1929-35 and 3 Speed Box 3rd Motion Shaft bearing 1923-32.

Bearing C is SKF RLS 6 - Austin 7 Front Hub Outer Bearing all models.
My 20 cents worth:
E: the large 'O' rings, if they're square section and around 75-100 mm dia or bigger, I'd put money on them being [cartridge type] oil filter sealing rings, there are often several different sizes packed in with the filter element. The element can have several applications in different size housings and the unused rings tend to accumulate.
F: shackle pin or suspension/damper arm pivot kit (2 x pins and 4 x bushes)?
I've spent a bit of time on Minors in a previous life, and although they do look semi-familiar, I can't quite place where they would be found though.
Thank you all very much. I will label and /or pass on as appropriate. What a great resource!

Peter.