The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colourful Marginal A7 Motoring - 1954
The days of do-it-yourself..... I'll not bother putting up the article, it might lead you all astray. This cover was in pretty decent order; just a couple of hours to restore (it's far too cold in the garage).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

No fancy overall for him! Just a well pressed cow-gown!
... and a white shirt and tie.
The Editor of 'Practical Motorist', F J (Fredrick James) Camm is worth a thread on his own. Probably, the most prolific technical author in the widest of fields.

Steve
His seems especially thick but the basic dust coat so common to the 70s seems to have largely vanished. Very apparent in the recent Hooker video. Very convenient to put on and off. Is it just fashion and image which has eliminated? I still have remnants of ones issued as a radio tech 50 years ago. I used to use with a stencil printed order book to obtain trade prices. Sadly tales of being a customer of the firm from another town no longer work with or without coat. And everyone can print an Order.
It must have been interesting removing the engine with the radiator stay and horn still in place.
Note the two windscreen wipers; probably a modification covered in an earlier issue?
What's he doing with a box spanner in that position

.jpg   Pitmans by Goodwin front cover.jpg (Size: 49.49 KB / Downloads: 287)

The original pre-war Pitmans Handbook by Gordon Goodwin dust cover was possibly by the same artist !

This picture might be difficult to restore !
(30-03-2020, 12:02 AM)Tony Press Wrote: The original pre-war Pitmans Handbook by Gordon Goodwin dust cover was possibly by the same artist !

This picture might be difficult to restore !
Very difficult - but with a spare four hours, not impossible (I hope).
Do you have a 1200 d.p.i scan? If so, send it using smash.com to tony@lathes.co.uk