The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 speed clutch release bearing on 3 speed gearbox
Either  that or the engine and gearbox are back to front  Big Grin
Quite right David, it's in the stowed position on the transportation stand, I've even found a new position for the starting handle.    
Has the starting handle shaft been omitted?
Aha, Dave! Ingenious, with or without the starting handle shaft.
Does one have to use the late clutch toggle posts also?
The clutch toggle posts are all the same unless you are using and Borg and Beck or Newton Bennett type - these use collets but won’t fit in the earlier type clutches.
Thanks.  Answers my question.
Hi All

Interesting thread.  Do you have to use the hammerhead toggles with this conversion and if so why?

Cheers

Howard
(31-03-2020, 07:24 AM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi All

Interesting thread.  Do you have to use the hammerhead toggles with this conversion and if so why?

Cheers

Howard

here's an engine and gearbox that came in a couple of years ago. The builder had fitted a 4 speed release bearing and kept the 3 speed style clutch fingers. The massive groove in the face of the release bearing isn't as obvious in the photo as in "real life".

[Image: 49718784153_a8750ea072_k.jpg][/url]

in the second photo you can see what's left of the 3 speed fingers as well as some of the metal filings that have come off the setup while the car was being driven.

[Image: 49719322626_98c5b7cbb6_k.jpg]
Hi Stuart

Thanks. I retained the 3 speed levers when I rebuilt the clutch on the special.  Seems I am not going anywhere for a while so I will have plenty of time to take the box out and change the levers.

Cheers

Howard