The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Seven Gym.
Obviously we all need to keep fit and healthy. So I have been tidying the workshop (Like everybody else). 
  I have discovered that banjo back axle side tubes make excellent dumbbells. One in each hand, twenty full push ups and then twenty tucks. Real men and ladies use long wheelbase ones.
  Any other ideas  to keep fit and trim?
I guess anyone mad fool enough to venture out in a poorly maintained seven could drag it home on their own if it breaks down? A sort of mini Geoff Capes pulling a lorry kind of workout?
Handle starting has been known to bring a flush to the cheeks!
Especially if you retard the ignition and don’t turn the petrol on.
Alan Fairless
know the phone has calmed down.

the last few days have been spent catching up on some of the part finished jobs.

i bought a fly press over 20 years ago, and there was no counterwheight on it. rather than putting one on. you have to swing the arm 5 times per press. with alot more force.  ive just put the bulges in 100 damper arms.

it gives a good workout. and lifts the hart rate.

only problem is, i now have one arm bigger than the other.

ive also been doing alot of cold riveting, 144 rivets fitted today by hand. swinging a hammer gives a good workout.

but im useing the same arm?

im worried im starting to look more like POPEYE? and less like BLUTO Big Grin

having fun with it though.

tony
I was faced with the same problem when my daughter asked me to clean her fly press Tony, having found that replacement weights are silly money I made one out of a piece of pipe filled with lead. The delivery van trolley makes a useful transportation stand.    
nice job dave,

i never thought or worried about the cost of the wheights. as my flypress is big enough to hang flywheels as wheights. and they can be held by a long bolt.

ive got plenty of old flywheels, so the wheights are free.

theres always something else to do as a sole trader. so the job never got done.

thanks tony