The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daft Question, Simple Answer reqd
I have run a side exit exhaust (like SWB cars) for 20 years, love it!
Was that made by a team of highly trained exhaust stranglers crouched over anvils at the bottom of your garden, and do you have any in stock?
Yes!
She purrs like a kitten til the lake pipes roar!  (Beach Boys Little Deuce Coupe)

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files
.jpeg   34B21569-401A-471C-839E-0AE9A64060E2.jpeg (Size: 127.31 KB / Downloads: 221)
I had had the same issue with my Ruby.
A new tail pipe needed modification to achieve axel clearance.
So fitted through the hole and up and over.
Regards
Tim
I've a side vent through a cherry bomb, makes me smile...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I,ve got an exhaust bypass valve to fit into downpipe, running just the downpipe sounds great so will have option of noisy or 'nice'
I'm, not quite sure it's visible  but my Rosengart LR4N2 -  OTS  sports  a  side exhaust as well and it's lots of..... both fun and roar

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   1444044813582934.JPG (Size: 123.24 KB / Downloads: 132)
I rather like the lines of that Rosengart, I've not seen one like it before. Very pretty.
I'd be tempted to hack 6" off the front mudguards or replace them with "ailes de papillon" though (sacrilege no doubt..)
I have a ARR which is in poor condition, but looks pretty original. The exhaust goes through the cross-member as others have said, but I was interested to see that the silencer has a stud on the rear end which fits through a hole in the cross-member to fix it in position.