The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear axle location?
Hi I have just tried to fit the body on my special and it seems to have highlighted that my rear axle seems to sit towards the passenger side of the car. I guess it may of moved due to the last owner bumping the car sideways to move it around? Is this possible and if so how would I go about moving it back? Any help would be greatly appreciated 
Thanks Aaron
If the axle is a bit off centre, check where the springs are bolted and clamped into the chassis ends at the rear.

If you slacken the 1/2" bolt that goes through each spring, and then loosen the U clamp that goes over the spring you can get a fair bit of sideways movement once the springs are loose in the chassis end. Then re-tighten the bolts and you should be good to go.
Perfect thanks I have removed the u bolts but no movement as yet. I’ll try and free up the springs in the chassis and see what happens! Thanks again
Aaron
I found that mismatched springs had quite a range in length to the eye, which would presumably affect the way the axle sits too? Measure 'em next to each other when you have them out. I found the best advice on rear springs removal was I think Ian Dunford's which was something along the lines of having a very hefty metal bar to stun them from the front of the chassis rail. I used a 6' steel rod with a tapered blunt end used otherwise for opening up holes.