The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TYPE 65 / NIPPY FRONT AXLE
Hi guys, I hope you all keeping well. Question please. Is the front axle on the above 7s marked 9E if so whereabouts, I checked the spring which is marked Terry or berry 9E. Be nice to target where to look and scrape.
Thanking you in advance.
Regards RPM    

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Can you post a picture of the large hole in your first picture from the rear?
I've only ever had one genuine Nippy front axle and it was stamped with a 9E part number mid span, top flange. Sold it years ago because I didn't need it.

Stupid thing to do as it all turned out!!

Steve
Thanks, Steve will have a scrape, Ruairridth, re your request will post another shortly.
Thank You

Ruairdrth, let me know if you want daylight pics which will be clearer,
Regards Rob

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I can confirm that you have an original factory sports axle - a rare find these days!
I agree its the real deal.
Have a close look at the axle eyes, they look built up with weld to me.
Not unusual as this was often done to strengthen them and close up oval eyes.
My Type 65 front axle has suffered from split ends welding up is the only option to recover it.
At the moment I am running a replica front axle.
That's great news Ruairidth, saves me having a poke around. came to me by a chance letter to a previous owner of my car along with a Nippy rad , sports gearbox and a load of other A7 stuff. But more valuable was some old photo's taken in the 60s and the History of his 50-year ownership of my car.
Thanks Again for the info.
RPM

Hi Dickie, I will clean the eyes up and post maybe tomorrow and see if any repairs have taken place, Its not been on a car since the mid 60s and the elderly chap said he had removed it from a Nippy for spares .
Well done Rob - we could put up some pics on the Nippy archive if you have a good history now from before the previous owner??
Hi Jon, hope you're well. Happy for you to include anything of interest onto the Nippy archive. let me know what you need and I will take some pics on my 35mm in daylight and post to you direct. My car going off to Martin Prior soon to have he doors hung properly new ash and hinges sorted and their skill at this type of work.
Regards Rob
Note the oval backplates Jon
Black Art Enthusiast