The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CALLING ALL CARS
Hello all,
 In solitary, I decided to send off for a repair kit for an SU carb I am preparing for my chummy.
Burlen were incredibly rapid, and I got the kit this morning.
BUT my new needle was not included.
The old carb has a no.2 needle, which looks bent.
I read old posts and ordered a No. 6 needle, which seems to be a good option.
Burlen have today quite understandably suspended operations, so I've had it for getting it from them.
Has anyone got one that they could post to me please? Happy to replace with the new one.
The carb is an 1 1/8 HV2 from a Morris 12. I have made an elbow from brass for the base of the original inlet manifold, which needed a bit of thought, because the Morris flange on the end is at 45 degrees rather than the usual vertical or horizontal. 
This wasn't a problem as I was silver soldering the new flange to the 90 degree elbow- a bit of fiddling, but it's worked quite nicely.
Thanks
Steve
Burlen may have suspended operation but Seven Workshop, as I have just been told on the phone, has not. Ring Jamie in the morning and order those vital bits!
You've nothing to lose by having a go at straightening your old needle. The absolute straightness is critical up near the needle's shoulder; as it tapers the straightness is less of an issue unless yours is like a donkey's hind leg causing it to bind in the jet. You can centre the jet using any .090" SU needle - as well as being used in 1 1/8" carbs, these were fitted to all 1 1/4" SUs and some 1 1/2" models.
Thanks for this.
I have ordered a needle- hopefully it will get here soon.
Thanks for the helpful responses.
I will be tempted to test drive it when it's running- the cops will never catch me with the SU fitted...