The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1933 AUSTIN 7 RP SALOON, FOR SALE £17,995
My RPs gearbox made in September 1933 has synchro between 3rd and 4th, so the gear box could be correct. The engine number quoted is
M242610 makes it about march 1936. Some one needs to view this car to see what is correct.
It's horrible!
No, it's not, Henry! It may not be to your taste, and that's fine, but it's probably the sort of car that would tempt most newcomers into our hobby - and at half the asking price, that's fine too. But even at £9,000 that would be top money for an RP, and buyers might reasonably expect some of the items mentioned earlier to be correct; at the very least I would expect the door trims to be correct, as they will be quite expensive to put right. At the £18,000 asking price the car needs to be beyond faultless, and even then who would spend that money on an RP when other far more desirable cars can be bought for far less money?
"more desirable cars"

Wot could be More Desirable than an Austin Seven?
People can ask whatever they want for a car, and frequently do.
It's the person handing over the cash that defines the value.

Charles
The price is much over priced however I can think of times when I have sold things and then realised I had sold it on the cheap. Far better to start high then reduce if there are no takers because unless on auction you cannot put the price up once you have stated it.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
(25-03-2020, 09:24 AM)Spex Wrote: "more desirable cars"

Wot could be More Desirable than an Austin Seven?

I can think of lots of cars more desirable than an Austin Seven for that sort of money, but actually I was thinking of more desirable Sevens  Big Grin
Advert now removed apparently. Either they got very lucky or they passed by this Forum.

Given that pricing, if anyone wants my less than immaculate RP for £16,995, I shall be delighted to gnaw their arm off... [Image: biggrin.png]
The upholstery looks like leathercloth. Shouldn't it be leather?
Sunroof, colour coordinated dash and chrome H/Lamps = DeLuxe saloon so yes, leather seats. Standard saloon had leathercloth. Makes you wonder if it's a bitsa. (Like mine!)