The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1933 AUSTIN 7 RP SALOON, FOR SALE £17,995
carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1216282
It does look very good.
Nice car, but looks a bit 'over to top' on price to me. The vendor is asking more than twice the figure my own 1933 RP saloon is insured for!
Wow,

I normally appreciate that a well built car should sell for more money.

But that looks well over priced to me, considering I was putting my 1925 pram hood up for £15k. Perhaps I should be looking at £30k

Tony.
I was thinking it was going to be a lovely, original patinated interior...
A nice car, but I'd be fairly confident that I could find something comparable at half the price.
Having a closer look at the photos of it, it isn't right.
1. The scuttle vents should be body coloured and not polished brass.
2. There are no door pockets.
3. The floor covering is wrong - it should be rubber mats.

Over-restored and over priced in my opinion. or am I being picky?
Engine later ruby one,junction box incorrect,carb later ruby,plus other items incorrect for the price.
The engine looks correct for the RP with LC head and Zenith carb, but there are a number of details that are wrong. There is a moulded boss on the crankcase forward of the fuel pump. Is this a 3brg engine? The gearbox should be a 4 speed crash but it seems to be the later synchro one. The car has a sun roof and chrome h/lamps so should have deluxe door cards with full map pockets and lower carpet and they are missing the top trims. A late 33 RP should also have semaphore indicators ( introduced August 33). Starting handle should sit horizontally ( may just be nosepiece wear). Additional switchgear/ warning lamp under the dash for the indicators?. Running boards should have wrap over rubber and not ally trim, same inside on the sills. A very nice paint job apart from the vent flaps but far too expensive by far, IMHO.
its a very nice car and anyone should be proud to own it , but if its worth that kind of price, "as a famous pirate with one leg once said" I be Rich , we live in hope best to all Rob.