The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insulting a baby Seven
More contemporary rudeness from the ignorant - the card is dated 1947....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A very stylish truck cab for 1929.
If the Seven has done an extraordinary high mileage I suppose the response should be "No, the rubber band has broken".
When I was a small boy and we encountered anyone broken down my father often offered to help. With little traffic and no phones persons could be stranded for hours for something very minor.
My father was often disgusted by the state of Sevens. Many cars here spent a lot of time on unsealed roads and with the oil leaks got into quite a state..
[quote='Bob Culver' pid='43000' dateline='1584927551']
A very stylish truck cab for 1929.

Well spotted! - and you are correct, the card is dated 1947. The '29 date came from the next one I'm going to post... "The pup".
Bob culver I am today disgusted at the
State of some of sevens today? I don't mean
Aged paint work or insides but the state of brakes
And tyres seen some very bad ones at shows!!
My problem I ask questions that other people don't like?
Like have you got that for an investment or for fun?
Scruffy tyres may not look nice and old ones may make handling more difficult but, unlike fast moderns, on the typical car not driven over 45 mph safety is not a huge issue. For many years my 19 inch car was run on discarded smooth motor cycle tyres without incident. The generous following distances safeguard against an unlikely lock up. And I had dead flat tyres on a few occassions. Were not immediately apparent and not too alarming even when cornered.
What intrigues me at old car shows is makes with shackles etc with no hint of recent greasing.
When tinkering on moderns, even if 25 years old, the pristine cleanliness under bonnet and elsewhere still amazes.