The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staying at home.
It would appear that there is a possitive aspect to the ghastly virus intruding on all our lives . Loads of time to fiddle and fettle those often neglected Sevens. It is apparent in the volume of posts on the forum. I think that it won't be long before "what have you done today" has to have a page all of its own.  Stay well ALL and don't clog up the NHS with minor workshop accidents.
Time yes Peter but it is too cold here to be outside for long!
I probably would brave it but I'm still trying to shake off a cold as well as other minor ailments.
Spending my time at the drawing board instead!
I'm glad of this sunshine warming the workshop, trouble is with the neighbours staying home I'm aware of too much noise pollution.
Greased up the grey fergie steering linkages this morning — wiped the excess grease off the nipples with toilet paper. Now feeling very guilty ( not)
I understand that the hand/eye co-ordination skills of the average Morris owner may cause them to frequently flee to A&E, but it's a bit unkind to say that in public.

Replacing the Temp loom,( that was fitted 30 years ago, ) with a nice new one from the 7W/shop.
peter,

same with the noise pollution, was going to do some grinding earlier in the sun. but thought better of it.

on the positive side, as many may have seen the state of my work bench on previous threads. i have now joined others  who have the most pristine workbench in many years.

orders are still coming in though, and as long as the post office keeps running. we are still sending orders out.

keep well, and keep safe.

tony
Like Tony, we're still seeing new orders coming in, we're well stocked with materials and parcels services are still working.

Keep those restorations going!
Hi Martin,

The austin 7 world and suppliers in it, should be fine, well in the short / middle term.  I have no worries for ourselves.

The long term may tell a different story.

My worry and fares, are for many of the companies we turn to for production and supply etc.

I have a friendly machine shop I use, he hasn't recovered from the crash 14 years ago. Also he rents a work unit. So if work dries up???

There are many companies around the country that people may not give to much thought to, but once we loose them.

It will hert us all in 12 months time, when suppliers are having to charge more. Even your local Woodyard.

That's when the hard decisions come in, rise prices. Or stop producing.

The sooner this virus is sorted the better.

It's about time they shut down all those commuters going into London on packed trains.

Thanks tony.
Quite right Tony, I have a man in a shed who does turning for me and he's planning to retire later in the year, I worry he might just decide to bring it forward 6 months.

Forgive me for being blunt but the thing we really need to worry about is the large proportion of members and friends who are in the high risk group for coronavirus. The number of deaths here is going to soar in the coming weeks and we will not be untouched.