The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time on our hands
With this self-isolation business likely to extend for weeks or even months, what are we going to do to while away the hours? Obviously time spent on our cars is covered in the What have you done ... thread, but with what else are people occupying their time?

Post your interests/ideas here; they may seem obvious to you, but they may just provide a light-bulb moment for others.

Over the years I have half-heartedly been collecting 1:43 scale models of the cars I have owned, including a number of white-metal kits which have never got built, so that's me sorted for a good few days - I've got three chummys and two vans to build, but to get me started I've just done a couple of re-paints of these cheap Chinese models:

.jpg   CV 1508 1.jpg (Size: 85.36 KB / Downloads: 899)

.jpg   DF 9271 1.jpg (Size: 104.29 KB / Downloads: 898)

Nice to see another Gloucestershire RK Mike.
Jim
Unfortunately DF 9271 is now on a Land Rover Angry
I have a mountain of various pre-war motor magazine covers, some in poor condition, featuring the A7 and restoring these to "as new" in Photoshop can occupy a lot of time. Sometimes the results are OK (especially putting in missing text and repairing rips and missing edges) but sometimes one just has to "creative". Some I'll post here for your delectation, some I'll save for 2022..
In the near future, I hope to have in excess of one-hundred Austin Seven articles from the same magazines - again, these will be cleaned, made presentable and posted. The originals were printed on what appears to have been a light-duty lavatory paper - a material probably now highly collectable for that very reason!
Time on my hands? I should be so lucky. As long as I wake up breathing I'll never have nothing to do...
Whether I apply myself to all the necessary tasks is another matter altogether.
I did all those light tasks when i broke my pelvis 3 years ago. So I'm under one of the Sevens cleaning the underside of the floor, treating any chipped paint and repainting it.
I've been self isolating for the last couple of months trying to make progress on a vintage special i have been constructing,Building up an Austin Seven special is a cinch in comparison.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(22-03-2020, 11:46 PM)Austin in the Shed Wrote: I've been self isolating for the last couple of months trying to make progress on a vintage special i have been constructing,Building up an Austin Seven special is a cinch in comparison.

Looks like a GN with a Model A engine sporting a Riley head?

I'm aiming to finish machining the 10 stud crankcase during lockdown

C
Well spotted Charles.It does make you scratch your head adapting parts from several different makes together,and then getting them in the right place.
I have a Hutchings crankcase too and hope to machine it if I get to retire,Hard work without the right machine to do it on.
(23-03-2020, 09:01 AM)Austin in the Shed Wrote: I have a Hutchings crankcase too and hope to machine it if I get to retire,Hard work without the right machine to do it on.

I know what you mean. Takes ingenuity and a good DRO
This probably wouldn't be possible with a Bridgeport, even with an 8" raising block, given the space that a decent boring head absorbs

Charles