The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another one not on the Register
I have a friend who bought a pre-war Alvis Speed 21 (?) who has been restoring it for longer than it was ever on the road!
it does not matter three months three years of thirty there is no need to spend a fortune , its the satisfaction of bringing something back from the brink and where it sometimes looks as though no one else is going to save it or cares what becomes of it ,well done on your restoration you got there in the end regards Rob.
It's nowhere near as bad as mine was when I started in 1997 - took two years effort to get it presentable and an MOT - just got stuck in and picked up help from the local club (PWA7C NW Group - Vic Wilde, Terry Shearwood and Jim Young with a combined experience of about 100 years) and various others around who took an interest.  Having saved it, it feels like my car to do with as I please - even keep it on the road over the winter.  Been in almost constant use since and is only slightly scruffy round the edges - built to last.

Colin
When I bought my RP aged 16 in 1971 I had no money for restoration as I had spent every penny I had buying the car (£85). In the next 8 months I took bits off and put bits back (mostly) painted it (bank of mum & dad) and started using it for daily transport as soon as I passed my test. This one looks like a goer to me.
Has someone already emailed the registrar with the car details from the ad?
I thought I read in the minutes that they only recorded notified cars and not cars spotted in adds.  I does remind me my car is not on the register will add now..

Done now with body number.