The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another one not on the Register
Still they turn up, an October 1934 Ruby:

.jpg   BLB226.jpg (Size: 183.53 KB / Downloads: 543)

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1215672
I hope it’s not about to become an Ulster Rep.
Alan Fairless
Nice to see another early Ruby with the rad filler on the 'wrong' side of the engine bay. 

.jpg   20200322_130643.jpg (Size: 278.78 KB / Downloads: 440)
Odd though. Surely it was fitted with a Magmo speedo originally,  so what's all that chat about genuine mileage?

.jpg   20200322_130508.jpg (Size: 225.84 KB / Downloads: 440)
I would take the mileage claim with a pinch of salt; there are a number of features which point to extensive use, and with a speedo that only records 99,999 miles it could easily have gone round the clock once or even twice.
By the summer - with luck and Covid-19 permitting - a fully-rebuilt very early Ruby should be back on the road.

(22-03-2020, 01:18 PM)Alan Wrote: I hope it’s not about to become an Ulster Rep.
The problem is - as with any very neglected bread-and-butter model (the grey-porridge end of the market) - the cost of a proper mechanical and body rebuilt exceeds by far its subsequent worth. Hence, as most people work to a budget, such restorations are seldom undertaken - and (stating the obvious) even doing all the work yourself requires a considerable investment in parts together with a huge range of skills and massive amounts of time. If only such a car had been rescued at a stage where its aged patina could have been preserved.
By the summer - with luck and Covid-19 permitting - a fully-rebuilt very early Ruby should be back on the road.
[attachment=9235 Wrote:Nick Lettington pid='42928' dateline='1584882815']Nice to see another early Ruby with the rad filler on the 'wrong' side of the engine bay. 

Odd though. Surely it was fitted with a Magmo speedo originally,  so what's all that chat about genuine mileage?

I'd never noticed my rad filler position is different on the spare radiator.

both my speedos are very similar.
Mine wasn't on the register either when I bought it. It is now.

Jamie.
what ever happened to the "buy it strip it clean it put it back together and see if you can drive it attitude", when I first bought a Ruby in 1971 thats what I did there was no spares chain ,there were none in the scrap yards in the south Wales valley where I lived in fact I was innocent enough to believe that I had made a great discovery , I could not afford to pay anyone to do anything for me .it was a learn how to do everything myself ,my attitude back then as now was the people who painted it or did the trim or wired it were just like me with two arms and legs and a brain so with the enthusiasm of youth and blind faith in my about to be aquired skills got stuck in and six months latter got it MOTd and I know that that car is still around today. surely I was not the only one back then with that attitude that is how most of us who started to save cars were all of the same mind .best regard to all Rob,
"what ever happened to the "buy it strip it clean it put it back together and see if you can drive it attitude"

Rob, that's been my attitude all the way through. Bought my seven in 1986, fully stripped it, paid someone to grit blast the chassis, but I stripped it, welded it, filled it, sprayed the paint. Paid someone to re-bore the block. Everything back together, started first time. Persuaded a V5 out of DVLA. Taxing it today, should be driving it in a week or two. it's taken over thirty years though.