The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Steering wheel covering
Hi all. I have had steering wheels plastic coated in the past. I would like to do some correctly. Is there a kit to do them or how is it done and wmwhsts needed? I have a few to do. 
Thanks, j
[attachment=9357]
1st wheel finished. Hope the pic works. J

I couldn't find any info on the original cellulose finish. Does anyone have any idea where I could get info? That wheel was fully stripped and blasted before recovering
Looks nice and tidy, what coating did you use?
Several coats of resin with black pigment added
Did you do it yourself John? It looks splendid.
I did. It took several coats but it looks and feels good. I know it can be done professionally but it is quite expensive
Can you give me details of resin and pigment used please? I have a couple of wheels that have been "pending" for years.
Xtc 2 part resin and UVO black pigment. Hope this helps
(30-03-2020, 09:53 PM)John L Wrote: Several coats of resin with black pigment added
It'd be interesting to know more details, it's produced a very nice finished product. How long does each coat take to dry, indeed do you let it get to this stage before applying the next and approximately how many coats were applied to the wheel shown?
Eastwood do a steering wheel kit via Frost Restoration - not particularly cheap though:

https://www.frost.co.uk/eastwood-master-...-standard/
Stuart Bullen