The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazing opportunity for somebody in NZ...
it is astonishing how cars keep turning up. The mystery is where they all go. Often hear of persons seriously restoring. A few have mouldering collections of several. I suspect most pristine NZ cars find their way to the UK where prices are much highrer. As NZ properties trend toward the UK style the opportunity to own the near traditonalsecond car,  trailer, caravan, boat etc reduces.
I have family in Oamaru and have made a request to the vendor to see if we can be granted the opportunity to record details of this car before they are lost to restoration. If the vendor is willing to work with us has anyone got and specific details, beyond engine, chassis, car and body numbers, that they would like to know. If I am able to get my brother in law there I will do my best to see if we can record the interior details with some degree of accuracy, he is an upholsterer and has worked on past projects with me so understands the significance of originality. The big problem we may face is if the entire country goes into lockdown due to covid-19 hysteria.
Black Art Enthusiast
I see you have a response from the vendor Ian. I hope you get the information you need from him, as like you say, unmolested originals are exceedingly rare.