The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazing opportunity for somebody in NZ...
This appears to be free for collection...

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/...wIRLWdDERs
looks like a runner ! Although the coil looks newish. Interesting that there is a fuel filter fitted showing some age.
Sorry to disappoint you, Ruairidh, I think it's only the 'collection' that's free - it's already bid up to $2,000.
Big Grin 
What a hoot, sorry about that!! Smile
Looks like the rear seat has seen some use.
its got a very interesting rear lower headlining material so if anyone does make contact, can you get me a chassis number please... I think its likely to be a ledgered car.
Dave, I didn’t think the back seat was big enough in a seven to get that amount of use.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Dozens of bog roll jokes, speculation about tantric activities on the back seat, will the Seven sense of humour keep going indefinitely? One can only hope so.
For some crackpot reason we used to change plates every year, later extended to 5 I think, then the permanent black ones sometime in 60s. The last pressed plates were not orange. When I was at school in the late 50s cars prior the RN in everyday use were rare except in Christchurch .
"For some crackpot reason we used to change plates every year, later extended to 5 I think, then the permanent black ones sometime in 60s."

Yep, from 1925 until 1941 (steel) plates were issued yearly, then from 1941 until 1964 (steel) plates were issued 5-yearly (source says due to WW2 steel shortages). From 1964 permanent (aluminium) plates were progressively issued-the silver on black ones. From 1986 these  changed again to black on white.
The black on yellow (with a circle symbol separating the number groups) plate currently on the vehicle is 1961-1966.
I haven't found any confirmation so far, but my feeling is that the most logical reason for the yearly plate changes were simply to confirm vehicle licencing (aka revenue gathering), a function superseded by the ubiquitous yearly visible "Rego" sticker/label. Perhaps a more senior *cough*  NZ forum participant can verify that supposition?

Jon E, you could most likely message the guy (even if you have to sign up to TM to do it). Most of the listers on Trade Me I've done business with are reasonable to deal with. Especially if you state your special interest.