The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch toggle lever posts
I am rebuilding my spare clutch the three lever posts are very corroded and worn, one in particular is higher than the other two.
Consequently the lever is much lower than the other two at the thrust bearing end.
Would new posts alone solve the problem or are the holes in the clutch plate likely to be worn.
If this is the case what methods have been used to solve this?
The usual area of wear in the lever slot is very slight.
Is there a set distance from the clutch drive plate to lever ends.

Roger 
The holes on the cover plate were very worn. This allowed the plate to move about and hence upset the balance. I got a locao engineering shop to bore 2 new holes. All tight now.
Jim
Bit like brake systems I think Roger - you'll probably find a little bit of wear in each part. For sure new post and/or levers is a good start, but if you want them all truly equal you will most likely have to fiddle about quite a lot with all the individual parts. It's not that critical. The correct setting depends on which type of clutch you have - detailed in the 750 companion or probably in the big red book.