The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the oldies who need two doors....I defy you not to smile.
Last year, when I was talking to youngsters (born since 2010) about my Ruby, I explained it was the sort of car made and owned by their great-great-grandparents.  In this case, if the two in the car were born around 1840, they would be older than my great-great-grandparents - so that is six generations back from today, and one further than Herbert Austin himself.

Colin
I remember your grandmother, Mike. Quite a lady.

My great grandfather was a motorist in the 19th century. That makes my daughter a 5th generation motorist. No wonder she’s so bloody good at it.
Alan Fairless
For those brought up in rural areas away from any railway the transition to modernity was well into the 20th century. Years ago an elderly friend of my mothers was widowed. They owned an A90 Atlantic car and I encouraged my father to pursue. We visited. The car was nbg; the owners were keen whitebaiters and th car had spent long  hours parked on the beach. The thought of replacing the gigantic battery also deterred. But I was intrigued as the lady reminisced about riding a horse to school, the first car in the district etc All far removed from the exotic A90.
I didn't just smile......I laughed out loud.  I then checked the diary to see if it was April 1st.......
I think that you were right to do so, Robin!
I think the advert has a point - have you tried climbing in and out of vintage Alvis saloon with the handbrake and gearlever in the way?  I think the central controls also help when accessing a Chummy...