The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no good deed go`s UNPUNISHED
Sorry to hear of your problems Tony, the thread heading brought back bad memories of a year ago. I went up to Buxton to help a friend recover an RN saloon during which I hit a horrendous pot hole a real teeth rattler. I'd been over it a week earlier when it had just been filled in but the filling had since collapsed. While we were preparing the car for it's tow my friend said isn't it funny that when you help somebody you experience something bad. I wish he hadn't said that I only got half way home when the front axle started to break.
It is so disappointing that such behaviour exists.
These sort of scum are so pathetic, their lives have a bad future. 
Removing them from our society would be good.
Thankfully the majority of young people are not like this.
Hi Tony, sorry to hear of this, and it really is more than annoying when you can’t get justice.
Glad Tracy is ok, but it does shake you up.Don’t rush in to it affecting your busses and hobby
some of your cars would be really difficult to replace.
Best Wishes Gene
Zetomagneto Wrote:Hi Tony, sorry to hear of this, and it really is more than annoying when you can’t get justice.
Glad Tracy is ok, but it does shake you up.Don’t rush in to it affecting your busses and hobby
some of your cars would be really difficult to replace.
Best Wishes Gene

What I was going to say. Don't let the little beggars win twice. You may want to move or may not but that is not a hasty decision.
thank you all,

police round this morning, as suspected. nothing being done. unless we have reprisals in six months.

dave mann, you should learn unlike me. as the thread says, no good deed goes UNPUNISHED.

the moving house is not a rash one, some will know we were trying to move to herefordshire 4 years ago. but things fell through.

the reason for moving then, was the sheer number of social housing being put in our village. and the trouble it is likely to bring. "guess what"

the difficult thing about moving then, was the tonnage of stock we have here and were do we store it.

if 90% of the used parts are gone. thats 20ton i dont have to take with me.

it was suggested to me 4 years ago by a friend and seven owner. "they are only cars". put the house before the cars. sell it all and look in a higher price bracket.

stoopidly ive always put my love of motoring first, NOT just sevens. not just 4 wheels.

the easiest things i have to move here, is signage. and now the new spares are all boxed properly.

if anyone is interested, i will need to clear a nice dropbed lathe ive never had the chance to install. paid £350 for 12 years ago. just want to get my money back on it. also a very handy size profesional miller ex school NO wear £300 what i paid 24 years ago.  would normally give them to a good home free. BUT READ THE THREAD.

tony

tony.
Tony and Tracy
So sorry to hear of this troublesome event. If it is any consolation you both should know you have many thousands of friends and supporters all over the country (and there world?) who will empathise with you, as I write. Stay cool Tracy, they are scum.
Regarding National Service (as a grey hair who did three years from '57 - '60, last century) I couldn't agree more. The only problem is our precious little boys wouldn't like the big red-faced nasty Sergeant Major shouting and screaming directly in their faces from about three inches... and what about their 'human rights' bo''ocks? Rant over.
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
Hi Tony
The response of the police seems abysmally inadequate. However, in these politically correct times you might try playing the game. For example, if you were to allege you were the victims of harassment amounting to hate crime, and push this allegation with the police, your local MP and the housing authority which is their landlord, you might just see a bit more action.
At the very least you could make their lives a bit uncomfortable, which could give you some small satisfaction.
Either way I wish you well and thank you for the help and advice you've given me since I got into sevens.
Born in 1950 I'm a classic baby-boomer generation and I have benefitted from the setting up of the welfare state. I have also watched the deliberate destruction of it by politicians making vapid claims such as "There is no such thing as society, only individuals" while paying serial offenders at the top of financial institutions obscene amounts of money for their highway robbery.

Two vital points come to mind:
It takes a village to raise a child.
When you point your finger remember that three fingers point back at you.
I was beginning to think(as usual)it was only me Duncan.
Whist I have no sympathy at all with the foul hooligans who attacked Tony and Tracy,I believe that blaming the police is grossly unfair.
They have had their numbers cut by tens of thousands,and have in fact been given an enormous amount of extra work and responsibilities.
Furthermore on the occasions that they manage to get the offenders to court,the legal system takes every opportunity to undermine their efforts,and even when found guilty,manages to dish out punishments of such little,or indeed,no effect to the criminals at all.
If our jobs and efforts were met with so little appreciation,I wonder how long we would happily continue.
thank you all.

please dont think my annoyance or discust of the police is to blame THEM ONLY.

im not so stoopid on these matters, and do keep up with polatics. just cant spell it Big Grin

yes you are quite correct government dont help, but its not just the latest idiot in government. these problems have been pandered to for decade. by ALL parties.

the police get the blame because they are the first point of contact. but thay cant push everything back on government either.

do remember the only reason boris is in number 10, is because labour couldnt put up a credible oposition. and underestimated what the public wanted over brexit. so you could say its labour falt we have boris.

much the same as america having trump, what choice did people have. the only posters i sore in america for hilary. read "hilary for prison"

tony.

ps, i didnt think we done polatics on the forum.